Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My Experience

I believe that I am prepared and well qualified to serve on the Owosso City Council because of my experience in these important areas:

LEADERSHIP - I am one of the co-founders of Leadership Shiawassee and for the past 13 years I have been one of the facilitators/instructors of this program that helps prepare and inspire community leaders. In addition, I have held a number of leadership positions including Chair of the Memorial Healthcare Board of Trustees and Chair of the Shiawassee Great Start Collaborative for early childhood.

VISION - I served on the City of Owosso's Blue Ribbon Commission which provided strategic direction to the City Council. I have also played an active role in several other community visioning exercises (e.g. Mayor's Community Forum, Team 21, Quality of Life Initiative).

SERVICE - I was named Citizen of the Year by the Shiawassee Regional Chamber of Commerce in recognition of my service to the community. I am also a member of the Owosso Rotary Club, whose motto is "service above self."

EXPERTISE - I have a college degree in City Planning and worked for three years as a Deputy Director at the California Department of Housing and Community Development. I also served on the City of Owosso Planning Commission.

COMMITMENT - I was the co-chair of the Join the Courageous Campaign to build a new cancer center at Memorial Healthcare. In 2006, I raised funds for The Nature Conservancy in Michigan by completing a 460-mile hike across the Upper Peninsula.

GO GREEN - I was a co-founder of the Friends of the Shiawassee River and have participated in their river clean-ups and other activities for over 10 years.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete